Each of us has an opportunity to serve others every day wherever we are (our neighborhoods, our jobs, our schools, etc.). What if we all joined together to make a difference in our community in small ways? That is what the “Love Your Neighbor Challenge” is all about. It’s about us making a difference right where we are every day.
Cedar Ridge Sapulpa will begin the “Love Your Neighbor Challenge” on Sunday, November 2. Our goal is to serve 400 hours collectively by the end of the year (December 31). We need everyone’s help to reach this goal. Here are some simple ideas to help you get involved:
- Bake cookies and deliver them to your neighbors
- Deliver a home cooked meal to someone who can’t get out of the house in the cold weather
- Visit a nursing home
- Rake and bag a neighbor’s leaves or weed their garden/flowerbed
- Offer to drive an elderly neighbor to the store or to a doctor’s appointment
- Walk a neighbor’s dog or pet sit while they are on vacation
- Clean up trash in a park or neighborhood
- Help cook and/or serve a meal at a homeless shelter
- Gather clothing from your neighbors and donate it to a local shelter
- Make “I Care” kits with combs, toothbrushes, shampoo, etc. for the homeless
- Pack and hand out food at a local food bank
- Adopt a senior citizen”grandfriend” and write him or her letters
Give it some thought and let us know other ideas that you’ve come up with. Be sure to pick up a “Love Your Neighbor Challenge” card in the lobby. Fill it out and share how you have been serving others.