Cedar Ridge is working directly with Christian churches in the Moore area to help provide relief to the victims of the tornado. Ways you can help:
News for the ‘News’ Category
In Oklahoma, there are currently more than 8,500 children in the custody of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS). Although you may not be able to provide a home for one of these children, you can still make a difference by providing support and encouragement through the Cedar Ridge Christian Church Foster Care Support Ministry.
Here are some ways that you can help…
- Participate ANY Monday with Cedar Ridge volunteer night at the Laura Dester Children’s Shelter (7318 E Pine St, Tulsa). A trained church member will always be there to serve alongside you. Call the church office (918.254.0621) to sign up. Please call before Monday afternoon if you plan to serve that evening.
- Donate NEW boys or girls clothing, pajamas, socks, shoes, and underwear
- Denim and solid-colors preferred
- Any sizes welcome that will fit children ages 5 – 12 years
- Simply drop the new clothes off at the church office – we’ll deliver them to the shelter every Monday evening
- Provide a meal to a church foster family
- Babysit for a church foster family - completion of a background check and a simple home review required to provide short-term babysitting (NOT overnight)
For more information about the 111 Project, please visit 111project.org.
Following the success of our “feed the hungry” service project during SuperStart in February, our children’s ministry will be sponsoring an on-going missions project to provide sack lunches to homeless/hungry people in downtown Tulsa.
Join us on Saturday, June 1, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
KidsZone.tv families will gather together at the Broken Arrow Campus at 10:00 a.m. to build sack lunches. We’ll travel downtown together and hand out the lunches to those in need. This event is for your entire family; however, it is not recommended for preschoolers.
September 27 – 28 • BOK Center, Tulsa
Celebrating 15 years of life-changing Bible study, this event is designed to teach women to love and live on God’s Word. Beth’s message for each event is based on the Scripture that the Lord lays on her heart; no two messages are the same. Aligning with Beth’s burden for unity in the Body of Christ, this event is for women of all ages, races, and denominations. Grab your girlfriends and sign up.
Joining Beth at this weekend event is acclaimed worship leader Travis Cottrell and the Praise Team. Click here for registration information and more details.
June 2 • Broken Arrow Campus
Please join us for a reception recognizing Greg Pittman’s 25 years of service in ministry at Cedar Ridge Christian Church. The reception will be held on Sunday, June 2nd, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- For children 4 years – 5th grade
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Cost: $35 (includes a T-shirt and daily snack).
Lots of volunteers are needed in areas such as workers for Preschool & Elementary age groups, set-up, set staging, video & camera tech, greeters, and more. For the children of Music Camp volunteers, there is a discount on the registration fee.
July 26 – August 2 • Como, CO
Youth Quake is a great time of worship, study, and community building – all in the mountains of Colorado. Activities include camping in tents, hiking, white water rafting, and other outdoor activities.
The cost is $270 if paid by June 2 ($300 after the 2nd). In addition, there is a $30 Gorge Rafting option for graduated seniors only.
Register online; then pick up an information packet at any campus. Please turn in the following forms along with your payment by June 2nd:
For more information, please contact Kyle Rodell, Student Minister.
- Who: Middle School and High School Students
- Where: St. James United Methodist Church (101st and Yale); meet at the Ridge (BA Campus) at 6:00
- What: Mud • DJ • Mud Dodgeball • Mud • Pizza • Mud • Slip & Slides • More Mud!
- What else: Be prepared to get dirty!!
- Cost: FREE!
Questions? Contact Kyle Rodell, Student Minister.
Camera operators are needed for the 10:30 Sunday morning service at the Broken Arrow Campus. No experience is necessary – we’ll provide hands-on training! In addition, we’re looking for volunteers to help with lights during the Sunday worship services.
If you would like to contribute in ministry by serving as part of the video tech team, please contact Harold Pittman, Worship Minister, or call the church office at 918-254-0621.
If you are interested in serving on a rotation basis, or if you would like more information, please contact the ministry leaders shown below or call the church office, 918-254-0621.
July 9 – 12 • Louisville, KY
Victorious…The Message of Revelation: when life seem hopeless, read the end of the story.
Each year, the North American Christian Convention provides fellowship, encouragement, support, and new ideas to thousands of Christians from around the country. With workshops, worship, exhibits, and fellowship, the focus of the NACC is building up churches and their members.
- Over 25 Guest Speakers
- Main Sessions and Worship
- Leadership Seminars
- Bible Study
- Women’s Conference
- Great programming for students
- Children’s Convention
Register online and get more details at gotonacc.org.
The Student Ministry of Cedar Ridge Christian Church is actively involved in working with (and helping support) Life in Abundance International, a humanitarian organization whose vision is to empower churches in Africa to serve the poor in many communities. LIA exists to mobilize the local Church and restore health, renew hope and inspire lasting transformation for Africa’s most vulnerable families. This goal is met through an approach that cultivates local leadership through the Church and requires the participation and ownership from the community itself. Learn more about LIA at liaint.org.
Through tithing and the operation of Impact Firewood, our students give financial support to Life in Abundance on a regular basis. In addition, trips to Ethiopia provide many of our students and sponsors the opportunity to experience first-hand the “global outreach” of their efforts.
For more information about Impact Africa, contact Kyle Rodell, Student Minister.
In an effort to better reflect the connection of Journey Groups as a ministry of Cedar Ridge Christian Church, our Journey Groups will have a new name and a new logo. They will now be called Ridge Groups. Coming soon—watch for a special new ‘Connecting Place’ in the lobby set aside for you to get information and talk to someone who can answer your questions about getting connected in a group or ministry.
The Wagoner County Relay for Life event will be held at the Wagoner High School Track & Field on June 14 – 15. If you would like to join the Cedar Ridge Coweta team (or if you’d like to make a donation) please register online at www.relayforlife.org/wagonercook. Be sure to click on Team Cedar Ridge.
If you have questions, or if you’d like more information, please contact Janet Woolsey.
It is that time of year to get back out there and blow up some of those crafty and evasive little orange clay pigeons. If you want to have a blast, come on out! Men, women, boys, girls, family and friends, beginners to experts are all welcome. We will meet at the Tulsa Gun Club at 9:30 am and shoot two rounds (25 shots) at $5.00 each.
We will meet at the Tulsa Gun Club (9104 E. Mohawk Road – 56th street North ¼ mile west of Mingo in Tulsa) at 9:30 a.m. The cost is $5.00 per round of 25 and we usually shoot two rounds. Everyone who plans to shoot should bring ammo (or borrow from a friend). You will also want to bring eye protection and ear plugs, which are required. If you plan to go, be sure to sign up each month at the Welcome Center, BA Campus, or by contacting Wendell Fichtner.
Mark your calendars for these dates:
- March 23
- April 27
- May 25
- June 29
- July 27
- August 17
- September 14
Dave Ramsey’s “Financial Peace University” is a biblically based curriculum that teaches people how to handle money God’s way. This life-changing class will help you achieve your financial goals by showing you how to eliminate debt, save for the future, and give like never before. You will be challenged and motivated to make a plan for your money and change your family tree forever. Click here for a preview video from Dave Ramsey.
- Nine week class begins April 1st
- Monday evenings at 6:00 p.m.
- Cedar Ridge Christian Church – Coweta Campus
A special preview will be held on Sunday, March 24th, immediately following the morning worship service.
There is a materials fee of $95 per couple/family. This fee also covers a life-time membership in Financial Peace University providing you with many online tools and features. A limited number of scholarships are available for up to half of the class fee; for more details, contact Bryan Champ, Connections Minister, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register and pay for this FPU class online. You can also stop by the Welcome Center to sign up and pay; an envelope is attached to the sign up sheet for your materials fee.
Enrollment for the 2013-2014 school year for Kingdom Kids Preschool will open February 22nd. This week-day preschool, held at the Cedar Ridge Christian Church Broken Arrow Campus, meets during the school year and closely follows the Broken Arrow Public Schools calendar (with a few minor exceptions). Classes are held from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for children 18 months – 4 years of age.
Registration for 18 months (by September 1st) – 3 years old is available with the following options:
- 2 days per week (Tuesdays & Thursdays) – $150/month
- 3 days per week (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays) – $200/month
Registration for the 4 year old class is available for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays – $200/month.
There is $50 registration/curriculum fee.
Print the 2013-2014 enrollment form. Return completed enrollment form to the Cedar Ridge Christian Church office.
For more information, please contact Marcy Rodell, Kingdom Kids Preschool Director, at 918-254-0621.
Those who register by midnight on May 13 will receive the “Early Bird” discount.
Find out more, register, and pay online at sunsetbiblecamp.org.
► 2nd Grade Day Camp: June 8; $35 / Early Bird = $30
(Parent must accompany child to 2nd grade camp)
► 3rd & 4th Grade: June 24-26; $140 / Early Bird = $110
► 5th & 6th Grade: June 10-14; $175 / Early Bird = $145
► 7th & 8th Grade: June 16-21; $185 / Early Bird = $155
Many opportunities are available to contribute in ministry at Cedar Ridge Coweta. Contact the names listed below to sign up or to get more information.
Children’s Ministry contact: Allyson Bibb
- Guest Services
Junior High & High School contact: Jacob Williams
Guest Services contact: Sherri Valder
- Welcome Center
Worship Ministry contact: David Berg
Journey Group Leaders contact: Ryan Fankhauser
The Story is a book of selected Scriptures, arranged chronologically, that reads like a novel. During this 31-week experience, every member of the family reads their own version of The Story. It’s a great opportunity to discover how our story is found in God’s story. For several months in 2013, we will take a chronological journey through the major stories of the Bible. If you know some Bible stories, but aren’t sure how they all fit together…or if you would love to read the Bible more often with your kids, but don’t feel very confident in doing so…be sure to participate with us in The Story.
Special Books Available
Plan to use your own Bible along with a Topic Schedule and Chart of Scripture References to follow along. To accompany the sermon series, several books for all ages are available at a “book store” in the lobby. These resources are not required – they are simply an enhancement to the series.
- The Story (The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People)
- The Story (Teen Edition)
- The Story for Kids (Discovering the Bible from Beginning to End) – Ages 8-12
- The Story for Children (A Storybook Bible) – Ages 4-7
- The Story for Little Ones (Discover the Bible in Pictures) – ages 2-5
Many opportunities are available to contribute in ministry at Cedar Ridge Sapulpa. Contact the names listed below to sign up or to get more information.
Children’s Ministry contact: Kelly Bruce
- Guest Services
Middle School & High School contact: Jacob Williams
Welcome Center contact: Darlene Coleman
Greeters contact: June Dickens
Worship Ministry contact: Rob Wagner
Journey Group Leaders contact: Bryan King
In the KidsZone.tv Store, children buy fun items with “KidsZone.tv Bucks”, earned by memorizing Bible verses. We’re looking for donations of new, small toys and trinkets to use as “inventory” in the KidsZone.tv store. Other popular items include CD’s, DVD’s, books, bookmarks, and games. Drop off your donations in the Kids Zone at any Cedar Ridge campus.
The MEND Pregnancy Resource Center is a private, non-profit, life affirming organization whose purpose is to help women find and implement positive, loving solutions for unplanned pregnancies. This ministry encourages women to choose life by offering support and assistance during these times of crisis.
Mend is currently in need of diapers (sizes newborn and 6). If you can help in this area, please drop off any donations in the kitchen hallway at the Broken Arrow Campus. For more information, contact Nancy Adams.
The 111 Project Informational Orientation is designed to help families discover the unique vantage point of fostering as a family of faith. We’ll discuss the foundation of why and how we minister to both children in our home and their families, we’ll talk about specific situations that may arise for us as church attendees, and we’ll answer questions about the process of becoming and being a foster family. If you are considering exploring this opportunity or have recently begun the process, this is a great place to learn, ask questions, and be supported.
Orientations are held the third Thursday of the month at Southern Hills Baptist Church located at 5590 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa at 6:00-7:30 p.m. Child care is available upon request and a meal is provided for those who RSVP by the Monday prior to the event. Please send your RSVP to Jessica@shbctulsa.org or call 918-743-8897.
Many opportunities are available for serving at the BA Campus. Contact the names listed below to volunteer or to get more information.
Preschool Ministry contact: Kari Featherngill
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. Guest Services / Greeters, serve 1 week per month
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. Nursery, serve 1 week per month
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. 1 year old class, serve 2 weeks then off 6 weeks
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. 2 year old class, serve every other month
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. 3 year old class, serve every other month
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. 4 & 5 year old class, serve all month
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. Guest Services / Greeters, serve 1 week per month
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. Nursery, serve 1 week per month
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. 1 year old class, serve 2 weeks then off 4 weeks
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. 2 year old class, serve 1 month then off 2 months
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. 3 year old class, serve 1 month then off 2 months
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. 4 & 5 year old class, serve 1 month then off 2 months
Children’s Ministry contact: Micheal Byrd
- Sunday 9:00 & 10:30 a.m. Guest Services / Greeters, serve 2 weeks, then off 6 weeks
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. Kindergarten through 5th grade Leaders & helpers, serve yearly
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. Kindergarten Elevate Jr. Leaders & helpers, serve 1 month then off 2 months
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. 1st & 2nd grade Elevate Leaders & helpers, serve 1 month then off 2 months
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. 3rd through 5th grade Kid City Worship Team Leaders & helpers, serve 2 weeks then off 4 weeks
Security / Usher Team contact: Wendell Fichtner
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. Volunteers serve on a rotation basis
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. Volunteers serve on a rotation basis
Guest Services (Greeters, Welcome Center)
Communion Preparation contact the church office, 918-254-0621
- Prepare for Sunday 9:00 a.m. Worship service
- Prepare for Sunday 10:30 a.m. Worship service
- Clean-up after Sunday Worship services
Bread From Our Oven contact: John Winstead
- Bake bread
- Deliver BFO to visitors
**Impact Firewood is currently closed for the season and will resume operation in the fall**
The Cedar Ridge student ministry manages and maintains Impact Firewood to support their mission efforts in Nazereth, Ethiopia. One hundred percent of all profits made go directly to a humanitarian organization called Life in Abundance (LIA), who uses the funds to build wells, showers, and other necessities which would not otherwise be available.
Impact Firewood offers rics of seasoned, mixed hardwoods – mostly oak. Orders can be made online or by calling 918-924-5122.
- $75 per ric; $40 per half ric (can be picked up at Tulsa Grass & Sod, 13801 S Memorial, Bixby, OK)
- $10 Delivery
- $10 for re-stacking (per ric)
- Make a cash donation: tax-deductible donations can be made to help purchase food items. Checks should be made payable to Cedar Ridge Christian Church; be sure to write “Backpack Program” in the notation area on your check; $100 will support one child for an entire semester.
- Make a food donation: foods must be kid-friendly, shelf stable, easy-to-prepare, and nutritionally sound. Purchase specific items (in bulk) such as individual servings of dry cereal, pudding cups, fruit cups, beef jerky, Vienna sausages, juice boxes, breakfast bars, etc. Donations can be dropped off in the foyer near the Welcome Center.
Kyle Rodell, Student Minister, recently presented the sermon “Entangled“ – providing some staggering statistics on how pornography is a sin that can so easily “entangle” and threaten our families. Listed below are some practical tools and resources available to help keep pornography out of your home as well providing a way to see what activity is happening on your computer. This information is also available at the Welcome Center of each campus.
This site is for blocking pornography from getting into your house at the router level. Easy to follow directions are listed on the website.
This site monitors any computer or i-device on which it is installed. Monthly reports are sent out identifying any pornography that has been looked at. The report also alerts you if the program was turned off at any time. Search “x3watch” in the apple app store for iphone/ipad.
Tech Support is available for help in setting up a family shield. Contact Nick Lockard (Remote Service) at www.nicklockard.com. Nick will answer questions and will walk you through the steps on x3watch.com. There is a small fee ($20) for this support. Be sure to let him know that you are from Cedar Ridge Christian Church.
Celebrate Recovery – Southern Hills Baptist Church
Issue specific 12-step groups
918-743-8897 • shbctulsa.org/cr
Christian Family Institute
Hope Center of Tulsa
Oklahoma Teen Challenge
On January 1, 2012 there were 8308 children who, through no fault of their own, were in the custody of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS). The families of these children are not able to care for them due to incarceration, extreme poverty, physical abuse, drug abuse, neglect or abandonment. The 111 Project is a campaign to recruit foster families from Oklahoma churches to meet this need. The purpose is to leave no Oklahoma child without a family. Contact the church office for more information about Foster Care applications and other ways that you can be involved.
Several times a year, our 10:30 a.m. worship service becomes “Serve Sapulpa Sunday.” This is a great opportunity to “be the church” in the Sapulpa Community. We’ll start our morning off at the church with a few songs, communion/offering, prayer, and instructions. Then we’ll actually go out in teams and serve in various areas in our community. Families are encouraged to participate in this special day together. Childcare will be provided at the church for those children who are unable to participate with their parents.
If you know of a specific area that we could add to our list of opportunities, please contact Bryan King, Sapulpa Campus Minister.
In the Kids Zone Store, children buy fun items with “KidsZone Bucks”, earned by memorizing Bible verses. We’re looking for donations of new, small toys and trinkets that could be used as “inventory” in the Kids Zone store. Drop off your donations in the Kids Zone or at the church office. Questions? Contact Micheal Byrd, Children’s Minister.
Cedar Ridge Sapulpa is teaming up with the Sapulpa Ministerial Alliance and Caring Community Friends (formerly Sapulpa Community Care) to discreetly provide nutritious, child-friendly, easy-to-prepare food for chronically hungry children to take home over the weekends. In some cases, the only meal a child receives is from their school cafeterias. The Backpack Food Program allows for food to be provided confidentially in backpacks each Friday afternoon to ensure kids have something to eat during the weekend.
Backpack food programs have been shown to increase attendance, decrease behavior problems, improve concentration abilities of students, and improve student academic achievement.
Two ways that you can be involved in this program:
- Make a cash donation: tax-deductible donations can be made to help purchase food items. Checks should be made payable to Cedar Ridge; be sure to write “Backpack Program” in the notation area on your check.
- $4 will fill one backpack each week
- $16 will fill one backpack each week for a month
- $104 will support one child for an entire school year
- Make a food donation: foods must be kid-friendly, shelf stable, easy-to-prepare, and nutritionally sound. Purchase specific items (in bulk) such as individual servings of dry cereal, pudding cups, fruit cups, vienna sausages, beef jerky, juice boxes, etc. Pick up a list of these items near the display in the foyer.
Please join us in this effort to feed hungry kids in our community. For more information, contact Bryan King, Sapulpa Campus Minister.
A paper recycling bin is now located at the Broken Arrow Campus, currently on the northeast corner of the parking lot (behind the student building and close to the basketball goal). The proceeds from the recycling bin will be used to benefit Wolf Creek Elementary, the school supported by CRCC through Partners in Education.
What to put in the recycling bin? All paper items including:
- Office/School Papers
Cardboard and phone books are not allowed. For more information, please contact the church office, 254-0621.
Did you know you can see the news listed on this page in a filtered way? Click on the category listing below each news item to see other related news.
Each category, as well as this news page, has it’s own rss feed. Here are our news categories: