Be sure to sign up on Sunday’s Bulletin Communication Card or by calling the church office at 918-254-0621.
News for the ‘Men’ Category
God is using Cedar Ridge to impact the world. Positive, empowering changes are being made in Ethiopia. The poor are being lifted up in Mexico. Children’s lives are forever changed due to sponsorship in Mid-India. God’s Kingdom is expanding because of the faithfulness of His people.
In 2015, there are several opportunities to experience first-hand the “global outreach” of Cedar Ridge. If you’ve thought about going on a Global Outreach trip, this could be the time. Pray; talk to your family; consider the trips listed below. If you have questions about a specific trip, contact the Global Outreach team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 918-254-0621.
For the Mid-India trip, a completed application (also available at the Welcome Center) and a $100 deposit should be turned in by the deadline listed below. For the Mexico trip, print the Mexico Mission Trip registration packet and turn in completed release forms along with payment.
- Mexico: March 14 – 21
- Type of trip: Learning, construction, prayer
- Ages: 9th grade or older
- Cost: $280* if registered by February 8th ($300 after Feb. 8)
- Ethiopia: June 2 – 11
- Type of trip: Learning, serving, prayer
- Ages: High School or older
- Approximate Cost: $1850*
- Application Deadline: TRIP FULL
- Mid-India: September 15 – 27
- Type of trip: Learning, prayer
- Ages: Family (10 years old or older) / Adults (18 years old or older)
- Approximate Cost: $1750*
- Application Deadline: June 15
All dates are subject to change
All participants on the Mid-India trip must be a member of Cedar Ridge Christian Church
* Net cost to participant has been reduced because of support from the CRCC Global Outreach Team
While the Mexico trip is partially sponsored by the Global Outreach Team, applicants do not need to fill out the 2015 Global Outreach Short Term Trip Application.
Registration is now open for the mission trip to Puerto Peñasco, Mexico, during Spring Break (March 14-21). The cost of this year’s trip is $280 (if registered by February 8th; after the 8th, the cost will be $300). Registration packets are available online; you can also pick one up at the Welcome Center at any campus. If you have questions, or for more information, please contact Kyle Rodell, Student Minister.
- When: March 14-21 (Spring Break)
- Where: Puerta Peñasco, Mexico
- Who: Anyone 9th grade or older
- What: Working with Amor Ministries to help build homes for several families
- Why: To share the love of Christ
An informational parent meeting will be held on Sunday, February 1, at 11:45 a.m. (in the Student Center, BA Campus) to answer any questions you may have.
How do I register?
Complete the Individual Mission Trip Participation Form and a 2014 Cedar Ridge Christian Church Medical Release form (both found in the registration packet). Turn in all forms plus a copy of the photo page of your passport and the registration fee.
PASSPORTS (or Passport Cards) ARE REQUIRED to cross into Mexico for all Cedar Ridge Mission Trip participants. The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air. It currently takes 6-8 weeks to get a passport without paying a rush fee. Don’t delay; apply for your passport now! For additional passport information, please visit travel.state.gov.
Many opportunities are available to contribute in ministry at Cedar Ridge Coweta. Contact the names listed below to sign up or to get more information.
Children’s Ministry contact: Allyson Bibb
- Guest Services
Junior High & High School contact: Jacob Williams
Guest Services contact: Sherri Valder
- Welcome Center
Worship Ministry contact: Kourtney Roop
Journey Group Leaders contact: Ryan Fankhauser
Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University is a biblically based curriculum that teaches people how to handle money God’s way. This life-changing class will help you achieve your financial goals by showing you how to eliminate debt, save for the future, and give like never before. You will be challenged and motivated to make a plan for your money and change your family tree forever. Check out this FPU class preview.
9-Week Classes Scheduled for BA and Coweta Campuses
- Broken Arrow Campus
- Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. beginning January 11
- Room 304
- Led by Brad Keirn
- Coweta Campus
- Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. beginning February 3
- Room 104 (Worship Center)
- Led by Chuck Ulrich
Sign Up Online or at the Welcome Center
There is a materials fee of $95 per couple/family. This fee also covers a life-time membership in Financial Peace University providing you with many online tools and features. Scholarships are available for up to half of the class fee; if interested, please contact Bryan Champ, Connections Minister. Stop by the Welcome Center to sign up and pay for these classes. You can also register online.
*Please note: Purchase the materials through the church to receive the discounted cost of $95.
New Wednesday night programming will begin January 7 at the Broken Arrow Campus. This 10-week session will meet from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. and will run through March 11.
Classes for Adults
- Parenting Today – a parenting class based on the collective wisdom of parents from Cedar Ridge. This class will meet in room 346. Topics include:
- January 14: Temperaments and personalities – led by Kristi Champ
- January 21: Discipline issues – led by Mary Stagg
- January 28: How to help your kids discover their gifts – led by Wendell & Amy Fichtner
- February 4: Safeguarding our homes – led by Bryan Champ
- February 11: Communication with our kids…talking so our kids will listen and listening so our kids will talk – led by Mary Stagg
- February 18: Doing ministry with our kids – led by Harold & Kelly Pittman
- February 25: Parenting on the same page as your spouse – led by Chuck & Megan Ulrich
- The Christian (and Not So Christian) History of America, Part 4 - gaining a better understanding of God’s involvement with man and of the American Covenant, a covenant put in writing by the Founding Fathers. We’ll continue to explore the idea that Christianity was not universal in the early colonies as evidenced by slavery and the abolition controversy. Led by Randy Beeson. This class meets in room 348.
Impact Student Ministry
Kyle Rodell, Student Minister
- Middle School: Large Group • Ridge Student Center
- High School: Lighthouse • 6:30-8:00 p.m. • Individual home
Micheal Byrd, Children’s Minister
- Kindergarten – 5th grade
- Fun activities, great Bible lessons, wild music, & energetic games
► Sing It – whole group praise & worship
► Hear It – weekly lesson
► Say It – memorize & recite scripture
► Share It – small group time
► Play It – fun games
Kari Featherngill, Preschool Director
- Lil’ Konnect for children 3 – 5 years old
- Child care for children under 3
The Student Ministry of Cedar Ridge Christian Church is actively involved in working with (and helping support) Life in Abundance International, a humanitarian organization whose vision is to empower churches in Africa to serve the poor in many communities. LIA exists to mobilize the local Church and restore health, renew hope and inspire lasting transformation for Africa’s most vulnerable families. This goal is met through an approach that cultivates local leadership through the Church and requires the participation and ownership from the community itself. Learn more about LIA at liaint.org.
Through tithing and the operation of Impact Firewood, our students give financial support to Life in Abundance on a regular basis. In addition, trips to Ethiopia provide many of our students and sponsors the opportunity to experience first-hand the “global outreach” of their efforts.
For more information about Impact Africa, contact Kyle Rodell, Student Minister.
In the KidsZone.tv Store, children buy fun items with “KidsZone.tv Bucks”, earned by memorizing Bible verses. We’re looking for donations of new, small toys and trinkets to use as “inventory” in the KidsZone.tv store. Other popular items include CD’s, DVD’s, books, bookmarks, and games. Drop off your donations in the Kids Zone at any Cedar Ridge campus.
Many opportunities are available for serving at the BA Campus. Contact the names listed below to volunteer or to get more information.
Preschool Ministry contact: Kari Featherngill
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. Guest Services / Greeters, serve 1 week per month
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. Nursery, serve 1 week per month
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. 1 year old class, serve 2 weeks then off 6 weeks
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. 2 year old class, serve every other month
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. 3 year old class, serve every other month
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. 4 & 5 year old class, serve all month
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. Guest Services / Greeters, serve 1 week per month
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. Nursery, serve 1 week per month
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. 1 year old class, serve 2 weeks then off 4 weeks
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. 2 year old class, serve 1 month then off 2 months
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. 3 year old class, serve 1 month then off 2 months
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. 4 & 5 year old class, serve 1 month then off 2 months
Children’s Ministry contact: Micheal Byrd
- Sunday 9:00 & 10:30 a.m. Guest Services / Greeters, serve 2 weeks, then off 6 weeks
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. Kindergarten through 5th grade Leaders & helpers, serve yearly
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. Kindergarten Elevate Jr. Leaders & helpers, serve 1 month then off 2 months
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. 1st & 2nd grade Elevate Leaders & helpers, serve 1 month then off 2 months
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. 3rd through 5th grade Kid City Worship Team Leaders & helpers, serve 2 weeks then off 4 weeks
Security / Usher Team contact: Wendell Fichtner
- Sunday 9:00 a.m. Volunteers serve on a rotation basis
- Sunday 10:30 a.m. Volunteers serve on a rotation basis
Guest Services (Greeters, Welcome Center)
Communion Preparation contact the church office, 918-254-0621
- Prepare for Sunday 9:00 a.m. Worship service
- Prepare for Sunday 10:30 a.m. Worship service
- Clean-up after Sunday Worship services
Bread From Our Oven contact: John Winstead
- Bake bread
- Deliver BFO to visitors
Kyle Rodell, Student Minister, recently presented the sermon “Entangled“ – providing some staggering statistics on how pornography is a sin that can so easily “entangle” and threaten our families. Listed below are some practical tools and resources available to help keep pornography out of your home as well providing a way to see what activity is happening on your computer. This information is also available at the Welcome Center of each campus.
This site is for blocking pornography from getting into your house at the router level. Easy to follow directions are listed on the website.
This site monitors any computer or i-device on which it is installed. Monthly reports are sent out identifying any pornography that has been looked at. The report also alerts you if the program was turned off at any time. Search “x3watch” in the apple app store for iphone/ipad.
Tech Support is available for help in setting up a family shield. Contact Nick Lockard (Remote Service) at www.nicklockard.com. Nick will answer questions and will walk you through the steps on x3watch.com. There is a small fee ($20) for this support. Be sure to let him know that you are from Cedar Ridge Christian Church.
Celebrate Recovery – Southern Hills Baptist Church
Issue specific 12-step groups
918-743-8897 • shbctulsa.org/cr
Christian Family Institute
Hope Center of Tulsa
Oklahoma Teen Challenge
On January 1, 2012 there were 8308 children who, through no fault of their own, were in the custody of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS). The families of these children are not able to care for them due to incarceration, extreme poverty, physical abuse, drug abuse, neglect or abandonment. The 111 Project is a campaign to recruit foster families from Oklahoma churches to meet this need. The purpose is to leave no Oklahoma child without a family. Contact the church office for more information about Foster Care applications and other ways that you can be involved.
Wednesday nights offer dynamic programming with several classes for adults and activities for children of all ages. For more details, call the church office, 918-254-0621, or contact the ministry leader listed below. Programming available from September – March.
Did you know you can see the news listed on this page in a filtered way? Click on the category listing below each news item to see other related news.
Each category, as well as this news page, has it’s own rss feed. Here are our news categories: